2016 Back-to-School Sales Tax Holiday
August 5 through August 7!
This holiday begins at 12:01 a.m. on Friday, August 5, 2016, and ends at 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, August 7, 2016. During this sales tax holiday period, Florida law directs that no sales tax or local option tax (also known as discretionary sales surtax) will be collected on purchases of:
• Clothing, footwear, and certain accessories selling for $60 or less per item.
• Certain school supplies selling for $15 or less per item.
This holiday does not apply to:
• Any item of clothing selling for more than $60.
• Any school supply item selling for more than $15.
• Books that are not otherwise exempt.
• Personal computers and computer-related accessories.
For full details about what is included and excluded during the Tax Holiday go to